How is the IQC different from the IQ2?
DaVinci has been actively listening to the reviews on their previous devices, and came back with an updated product that the people have been asking for. The IQC has thoughtful upgrades and embodies a more simplified DaVinci vaping experience.
- One of the main differences is the patented Sharesafe™ mouthpiece crafted from an FDA-approved antimicrobial polymer. Antimicrobial polymers inhibit the growth of bacteria and viruses, making this a more sanitary smoking device. In a time where we must be vigilant about hygiene, the IQC was designed with these health aspects in mind.
- No more six hour charging time: Now, the IQC has longer battery life and can get a full charge in as little as two hours, thanks to the new Type C charging port.
- A notable feature missing from the IQC that you'd normally find on the IQ2 is the adjustable airflow located at the bottom of the device. The adjustable airflow allows users to gauge how much air passes through the device, changeable with a dial. The IQC's airflow is non-adjustable, meaning the vapor is more likely to get hotter.
- Keep in mind that the warranty on the IQC is good for five years instead of the ten year warranty on the IQ2. Might be considered a downgrade, but you definitely get what you pay for.
How do you use DaVinci IQC?
Let's get into how the DaVinci IQC works and what comes with the vapouriser kit.
- Zirconia “Flavour Chamber” vapour path
- Replaceable 18650 battery
- Onboard pick tool
- LED display
- Control/navigation buttons
- Pearl Zirconia adjustable spaces
- Glass-lined ceramic oven
- Alcohol wipes
- Extra pick tool
- USB-C charging cable
- 10mm water tool adapter
*Those who pre-order will also receive a Smell Resistant Carry Case.
- Open the IQC's bottom lid to reveal the glass-lined ceramic oven.
- Fill the chamber for maximum vapour. Close the bottom lid to allow the pearl to loosely pack the herb.
- Power on/off by clicking the control button five times.
- Adjust the temperature up and down with navigation buttons. Choose from the four preset ranges called “Smart Paths.” Note: the IQC is programmed to start in Smart Path 3 (390-410ºF).
- IQC will vibrate when the target temperature is reached.
On the IQC, there are a couple of modes you can play around with.
- Smart Path Mode: There are four “Smart Paths” preset with temperatures that'll gradually build over eight minutes. Adjust between paths with navigation buttons.
- Rest: 410 - 430ºF
- Body: 390 - 410ºF
- Mind: 370 - 390ºF
- Flavor: 350 - 370ºF
- Precision Mode: With temperature accuracy up to +/- one degree, you can choose an exact temperature. Click the control button to display the current temperature, then use the navigation buttons to adjust to your temperature preference.
Is the DaVinci IQC worth it?
The intent behind the design of the IQC is what truly makes this device worth buying. The IQC was created with the consumer needs and health safety in mind without making the product more expensive — instead, DaVinci made it more affordable. It's the ultimate combination of the simplest yet cutting-edge technology, which translates into an ideal vaporiser for just about anyone.
Sometimes the extra bells and whistles aren't necessary on a vaporiser and all you really need are top-notch materials and technology to ensure a divine vaping experience. The IQC is practical, high-quality, and now that its iOS app software will be available soon, there's a lot to love about this device.
Check out the DaVinci IQC at davincivaporizer.com. Photos courtesy of DaVinci.